Friday, January 28, 2011

Memo to 'Limb Buds' - 19 weeks (prenatal)

You're a boy! The nausea is gone. The amnio results are good. Although, the doctor does say you have a varices on your umbilical cord. He doesn't seem too worried but we're going to keep an eye on it. I told your dad it's probably my fault for leaning on my desk at work...maybe I was putting too much pressure on it. He says I'm a nutbag. Well, just in case, I've improved my posture over the last week and a half. At the last ultrasound, you had your cord right up against your mouth. Your dad and I think you were trying to repair it...Apollo 13 style...a la Tom Hanks.

In other news, I can feel you kick now so you must be getting some good exercise in there. You should weigh about a half a pound now and be six inches long. One website says that at this point you look like a mango dipped in cheese...nice. I can tell you're getting bigger because it's harder to breathe when I'm lying down and yesterday, after I had chinese food for lunch, my ankles swelled up quite nicely. Some of the many joys of the increased weight in my belly. Now I know what it's like to have cankles...and I love it.



A picture of your wee wee. I'll save this one to show your future girlfriends.


With the cord near your mouth.


Doing some repairs on the cord.

-Megan

No comments: