Friday, June 04, 2010

Fun with the crock pot!

Ok...so it only took about 5 years but we finally started using our crockpot! It's amazing and I love it.

Our first experiment was broccoli beef. Yes, it did take us about 30 minutes in the grocery store, a smartphone, and a call to Nate's mom to figure out the difference between beef consomme and beef broth but it all worked out in the end. It turned out fabulously and I had leftovers for the whole week at work. My asian coworkers (which means 'all my coworkers') were very impressed!


Smells good!


Hope it tastes good!


Looks just like a restaurant...but healthier!

Next up...chicken tacos! Mmmmmm!!!! This was super easy. Throw the chicken in the pot, cover it with salsa, and let is cook. We made way too much but it was super good. I think I like it more than the broccoli beef.


Mmm...Mmm...Good!

-Megan


No comments: