Friday, March 18, 2011

Burn baby, burn!

Last Saturday, as we were driving back from dinner in Albany, we noticed red caution tape around Nate's old apartment building that he lived in for 7 years...yes, 7 years. Who lives in the same apartment for 7 years? The same guy who just threw away 10 years worth of phone and electric bills that he had been filing away (because I finally convinced him that how much he paid for a land line in 1999 is not valuable enough information to hold on to for a decade). This is where Gracie gets her nut bagginess from. Anyway, so we got out of the car and looked around to see what had happened...not noticing the fire damage since it was dark. Apparently, a fire started Saturday morning in the apartment right next to the one that used to be Nate's and rapidly spread to more of the building. Firefighters even had to break a hole in to the side of the building to get people out. Super scary. Make sure you have a fire extinguisher in your house and you know how to use it...P.A.S.S. And while you're at it, you might want to get your earthquake kit together and get some potassium iodide tablets from the pharmacy!

1234 Solano Avenue #203, Albany, CA.
Pre-Fire Photos...
5/3/2003 - I think the decorating skills have improved a bit. Nice lava lamp.

The gourmet kitchen.

The luxurious bathroom.

12/1/2003 - Lovely Christmas decorations.

6/3/2005 - Moving day!
Post-Fire Photos...


No comments: